Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Just in Thyme!


Last week, I purchased the Thyme to try out, and I am so happy I did because this week Leona and Dan (my two oldest children) came down with a cold, and one even had a croupy-sounding cough.

Now,
just to tell you a little about thyme, the essential oil drops extraction method it is steam distilled from leaves, stems and flower. It's healing properties include being antibacterial, anti-fungal, antimicrobial, antioxidant, antiviral, and antiseptic! It has a long history of use in natural medicine in connection with chest and respiratory problems, including coughs, bronchitis, and chest congestion. Thyme is generally safe for human consumption but you really should heavily dilute it ( e.g. one drop of oil in two tsp. of honey or 240 ml of beverage). You may want to dilute it even more since this oil really has the potential to irritation mucus membranes, it's that powerful. It’s not recommended orally for children below six years of age, and because of this I chose to only apply it topically to my children and defuse it in the air.

I mixed 1-2 drops of Thyme with two tablespoons fractionated coconut oil. I applied it to their little feet (and for those of you who don’t know your feet have the largest pores, and the oils can be absorbed through the body fastest), the back of the neck and to the chest. I am doing this in combination with Lemon Oil water, and they are well on their way to recovery. This week, I have been able to put thyme to the mother's test!

....on
a side note, thyme can also be used to treat in children (and adults) worms, eczema, thrush, yeast infections, and ear infections. I am sure there is much more than this so please leave me your suggestions for using thyme!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment